1. Check your electronic devices to see what notes you might have but forgot about. (Did you return phone calls or make important ones yet?) You could also clean devices both inside and out.
2. Window shop and compare prices. Definitely a must-do when children aren't around, because you are better able to focus on your shopping lists.
3. Attend a movie, visit a park, walk a museum, or do something that takes your mind off home life.
4. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at a restaurant you always wanted to go to but couldn't because you didn't want to take kids.
5. Meet relatives, friends or co-workers at a social event i.e.) wedding, baby shower, funeral, etc.
6. Get your nails done. Isn't it so nice to see freshly manicured nails?
7. Go to church or bible study. Sometimes being around like-minded folks does wonders!
8. Clean and organize your home. (See my blog on organizing here.)
9. Transfer photos from digital camera, print and organize. Mail photos to distant relatives. People enjoying seeing things in the mail besides junk and bills.
10. Spend time with your husband. When was the last time you made love?
11. Work-out. Are you happy with what you see in the mirror?
12. Work your home business. What tasks have you been putting off that is keeping you from making supplemental income?
You probably can think of 12 more things. But whatever you come up with, be sure you are making the best use of your free time! I will tell you from personal experience, I actually feel better when I know that I didn't spend my valuable free time doing things like chatting too long with loved ones, surfing the Internet, or doing tasks that could be done when the children are around. So start enjoying that much needed free time!
Nicholl McGuire shares spiritual insight on YouTube channel: nmenterprise7