Wednesday

What One Mom Wishes for Her Children and Others Like Them



With all the evil television programming, dark video games and shocking things on the Internet, if there is anything that I hope my children learn during their childhood is how to discern right from wrong.
Too often there are children growing up in environments where the caretakers could care less what penetrates their minds.  They rather the children, “Go play!”  Little do they know, what the children could be doing out of their site.  It isn’t until someone gets hurt that a parent or relative wants to “…go see what happened…”  
I learned far too young that fellow peers couldn’t be trusted and many adults were liars.  Once I became a woman I found that some of the things that hurt me when I was young affected some aspects of my life whether I was conscience of them or not.  Therefore, I try real hard to protect my children minds and bodies from outside forces.  One of the most important things I do is pray for them and the next is encourage them to talk to me.  There are some other things I instill in them as well and might inspire you to add to your list or try some new things.
One.  Give them an appreciation for faith in one who is far greater and superior than any man, woman or child.

Two.  Teach them to respect self and others.  Keeping in mind to pay close attention to who is friend and who is foe.

Three.  Always make time to do something other than watch TV, surf the Internet and play with games and toys.

Four.  Pay close attention to those who are your mentors and teachers, but also guard your heart.

Five.  Be confident.  Fight feelings of fear.

Six.  Be honest.

Seven.  Make the wise choice to be loyal to one partner and love that person.
These tips have worked so far in more ways than I can explain when it comes to them interacting with others.  I can only hope that they will grow in their learning.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

BlogRoll Center

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

VideoBar

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

BlogCatalog

Mom Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Loaded Web

parenting Blogs

Blog Top Sites

Blogging Fusion

Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

About Me

My photo

Over 20 years office work experience, six years completed college coursework, background in print media and communications, recognized for exceptional attendance and received merit increase for past job performance, self-published author and part-time entrepreneur, Internet marketing and social media experience. Interned for non-profit organization, women's group and community service business. Additional experience: teaching/training others, customer service and sales. Learn more at Nicholl McGuire and Nicholl McGuire Media

When Mothers Cry Blog Archive