So he got a new girlfriend since the breakup and now you are wondering what now? "How should I act?" Hopefully the following tips will help you "be adult" about such matters.1. Wave to both when you see them arrive to pick up your children.
2. Think about what you are going to say before you say it. If you don’t have nothing good to say, don’t say anything.
3. Don’t walk over to the car unless you are ready to make eye contact and small talk.
4. If you won’t be walking over to the car, then stay where you are such as standing in front of the family home, on a balcony, or looking outside a window.
5. Find something funny about the way your ex looks, the car he is driving, or his choice in a partner. A sense of humor is always helpful in any kind of situation.
6. Avoid the temptation to drag out your goodbye with the children or say or do anything to draw attention to yourself or anger your ex such as hugging or kissing him. This type of behavior only adds to an already tensed situation.
7. Wave goodbye to everyone and make your exit.
8. If you will be meeting your ex at his vehicle, then be polite and brief. A simple “Hello” and a “How are you?” is sufficient. You may want to add a question addressed to the both of them about the trip, a comment about the weather, some fun place you took the children, or something important regarding an item you packed.
9. Avoid discussing any significant issues with the ex in front of her. Instead, reserve your conversation for the phone or Internet.
10. Offer to help with packing the luggage in the trunk.
11. Say a final good bye and a final wave to all.
12. Wait awhile before you get on the phone and start talking about him to your relatives and friends just in case he may come back for something the children may have forgotten.
13. The tears may come, don’t fight them.
14. Find something to keep you busy.
15. If the children don’t call you when they make it dad's house, you call them, it eases the stress.